The Annual Copyright License is an annual license that allows the reuse of text-based copyrighted content within higher education institutions.
What is covered ?
Educational uses include:
- Coursepacks—paper and electronic
- Class handouts
- Library reserves—traditional and e-reserves
- Electronic Course Content
- Administrative Communication
Research uses include:
- Faculty-to-faculty sharing
- Student-to-student sharing
- Interlibrary loan and external document delivery transactions.
- Non-educational uses (e.g. promotional and advertising).
- Reproduction of the entire work unless specifically noted by the rights holder.
- Creation of a database or a repository of works if it replaces the need for a subscription or is available for multiple people's use outside the context of a class.