Foley Library Accounts
These instructions will guide you through the process of setting up accounts for RefWorks and My EBSCOhost. You will also test your login for Library Search and Interlibrary Loan, which is the same login you use to access your library account. Scroll down for a PDF version of these instructions.
Certain library resources, such as New York Times and Wall Street Journal and some nursing resources (Stat!Ref, BoardVitals, DynaMed) also require you to create a personal account for that resource. You can explore those on your own, if you wish.
1. Library Account, Library Search, and Interlibrary Loan
Your GU username (what comes before the @zagmail.gonzaga.edu in your email address) and the password for Blackboard and Zagmail will log you into:
- Your library account to view items you have checked out and renew books from the library collection.
- Library Search. Signing in to Library Search gets you more and more accessible results.
- Library databases from off campus. Signing in authenticates your right to access Gonzaga's databases.
- ILL / Interlibrary Loan.
- Click on Advanced Search under the search box on the Foley Library homepage and sign in at the upper right corner. Start a Library Search and use the Sign In prompt in yellow bar to sign in.
- Click on the My Account / Renew Items button on the library home page.
- Click on the ILL/Interlibrary Loan button on the library home page. If you aren't already logged in, you will be prompted to do so. Click on Create Request and take a look at the different request forms. Note that books and media (DVDs, CDs) use the same form and there is a separate form to request a book chapter. At the bottom of each form is the User Information, already populated with your name, User ID and email address. Whenever you submit an ILL request you will need to indicate your status and department.
2. RefWorks – RefWorks helps you save and organize the references you find in your research. RefWorks is also great for generating instant bibliographies in whatever citation style you need. You can also use it to create an annotated bibliography. You'll learn how to use RefWorks in Section 5.
- Click on the RefWorks Citation Management button on the Foley Library homepage.
- If this is your first time using RefWorks, click on Create Account and enter your Gonzaga email address. RefWorks will know that you are a Gonzaga student and allow you to create a free account.
- Choose a password.
3. My EBSCOhost – With a My EBSCOhost account, you can save search strategies, set up email alerts, and save search results in folders. My EBSCOhost is optional when using article databases, but it is required to use EBSCO eBooks.
- Click on the Databases button on the Foley Library homepage.
- Select a database where (EBSCO) appears after the database name (Ex: Computer Source (EBSCO)).
- Log in to the database using your Gonzaga username and password.
- Once you are logged in, click on Sign In at the top right of the screen.
- Find the link to Create a New Account. You can choose your own username and password.
- Fill out the form and Save Changes.