To create a Zotero account, follow the five steps below:
1. Go to https://www.zotero.org/user/register.
2. Choose a username, preferred email address, and password. (Your Gonzaga email works fine, but you can change it later if you need to.)
3. After registering, you'll need to check your email to confirm you want your account activated.
4. Next go to the Zotero download page where you can download the Zotero program. It should sense what operating system you are using and automatically direct you to the correct download option. For example, if you are using a Mac you should see something that looks like this:
PC users can expect to see something looking like this:
5. Finally, it's time to install Zotero Connector, the browser extension that will allows you to gather citation information from any page on the web. Zotero Connector is available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. There is also a bookmarklet available that works in any browser.
Once you've set up your account, downloaded Zotero, and set up the Connector browser extension, you are all set!