Skip to main content

GU's Library Legacy: Lobby Display Case

Lobby Case

The circulation desk in the library located in the Administration Building, now College Hall, pre-1957

Before the Crosby Library was built, the library was located in the Administration Building (now College Hall). The desk in this photograph was located on the second floor of the building.

Crosby Library, no date

Catalog Card Drawer, no date

The drawer was used by the Crosby Library. The entire card catalog system was tossed in 1991 with the implementation of Carl, the new automated system Carl. Catalog cards were no longer needed.

Foley Center Library Construction, February 6, 1992

A view of the Reading Room on the third floor during construction of the Foley Center.

Spires, 1993

The Foley Center was dedicated on September 2, 1992. Tom Foley, Speaker of the House and Gonzaga alumnus, came to the dedication of the library in honor of his parents, Ralph and Helen Higgins Foley.

Student studying in the Crosby Library, 1970s

Cowles Rare Book Reading Room on the third floor of Foley Library, no date

Student studying in the Foley Center Library, 1990s